Are you facing a problem in using the range extender with the existing router or is it not connecting to the wi-fi devices? If yes, then we will walk you through the steps after implementing which you can easily troubleshoot the problem
What to do if Netgear Wi-Fi extender not working?
- First of all, you need to make sure that you have connected the extender to the right network.
- For this, you can check the details of the network from the Genie setup page. Here, all the band, frequency and SSID details of the network are available.
- Check if you have enabled the SSID of the extender or not because the devices can connect to the extender only through the SSID.
- If you have kept the same SSID for the router and extender, then it would be difficult to figure out the right SSID for wi-fi devices. You can either add any symbol or keyword in the extender’s SSID.
- Check the distance between the router and the extender. If the distance is more, then the extender will not catch the signal easily from the router and as a result, the Wi-Fi signal will remain weak in dead zones.
- If you are still not able to connect to the Wi-Fi, then try to maintain the connection using the Ethernet cable. If the connection succeeded, then it means there is some fault with the Wi-Fi configurations.
If you need any further help or assistance, you can contact the team of experts available 24×7.