While attempting to perform the extender setup or changing the settings of the existing extender, if you are not being able to open the Netgear genie smart setup page on your computer, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- The very first step towards troubleshooting is; check if the computer and the extender are connected or not.
- Verify the web address you are using to access the smart setup page. Entering the wrong address may take you to a different page and you won’t perform the setup.
- Check the status light of your extender and see if there is a successful connection established between the router and the extender or not. If not, then connect both the devices physically using the Ethernet cable.
- Check if the power light on the extender is on or not. If you have turned on the power switch from the wall socket and forgot to turn it on from the back of the hardware, then press the button to turn it on.
- Sometimes, the user credentials entered are different from the one given on the sticker. If you are entering the wrong default credentials, then the Genie smart setup page won’t open from your device.
After implementing the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to open the Netgear smart setup page quite easily. If you still come across any problem, you can talk to the experts.