A pediatric dentist is a medical professional who is committed to oral health care for children from infancy to adolescence. Pediatric dentists are equipped with the necessary qualifications and experience to take care of children's mouths, gums, and teeth during the different stages of their childhood. You can also look for children dentist in Indianapolis online.
· Children start getting baby teeth in the first 6 months of their lives. They begin to lose their first tooth at 6 or 7 years. This set of teeth was eventually replaced by a secondary set of permanent teeth.
· Lack of proper dental care for children of exposure to the risk of oral disease and decay that can lead to a lifetime of complications and pain. Dental caries in early childhood is an infectious disease that is now more common among children from conditions such as hay fever and asthma.
· Training for pediatric dentists consists of dental school and additional training in dentistry for children, including those with special needs.
A pediatric dentist offers comprehensive dental care that may include the following services:
· Caring for dental injuries such as teeth knocked out, displaced, or cracked.
· Managing the condition of the gums and periodontal diseases such as pediatric diseases, mucoceles, short frenulum, and ulcers.
· Diagnosing oral conditions associated with diseases such as hyperactivity or attention deficit disorder, fever, asthma, congenital heart defects, and diabetes.
· Repair defective teeth or cavities.
Finding a Dentist
Pediatric dentists are available at various locations including healthcare, dental schools, and private practice. A qualified pediatrician is a valuable resource to find a pediatric dentist in your area.